Courtesy of Sherry Latten -
”Our family enjoys weekend camping excursions. I began searching for cooking options that I could pack & clean up easily. The Jetboil seemed like the perfect solution for our family with three kids. It also allowed me to easily prepare coffee in the mornings without a lot of hassle.”
- 5 cups corn flakes cereal
- 1/4 cup non-fat dry milk
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Put 5 cups of corn flakes in a gallon size zipped storage bag and then crush.
- Measure 1/4 cup dry milk and put into a portable container.
- Measure 1/3 cup packed brown sugar and put into a portable container.
- Measure 1/2 cup corn syrup and put into a portable container.
- Measure 1/2 cup peanut butter and put into portable container. (Tip: The single servings of Jif to Go are 2.25 oz each. You can use two of these. It's slightly more than 1/2 cup but it works well and simplifies preparation).
On the Trail:
- Combine corn syrup, peanut butter and brown sugar in the 1.5 liter Jetboil Cooking Pot. Turn Jetboil on to a low temperature setting and place the pot on the burner.
- Stir the mixture constantly until it becomes smooth and hot (about 3 minutes).
- Remove the pot from the burner. Stir in the dry milk until blended and then add the corn flakes. The mixture will stiffen.
- Roll mixture into balls and enjoy!