Fresh bread on the trail is virtually unheard of, but dumplings are an easy and tasty substitute which takes your soup to new levels.
Jet Soup with Dumplings Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 1/4 cup powdered milk
- 1/4 Tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup water
Jet Soup with Dumplings Recipe Instructions
Preparation at Home:
- Pre-mix the dry ingredients in a one quart Ziploc bag.
Cooking on the Trail:
- Add cold water to the bag, zip it shut, and knead it until you get a doughy consistency. You might have to add a little more water. Set aside while you make soup.
- Spoon out penny-sized chunks of dough into the hot soup.
- Turn on the heat again to cooking system, and simmer at lowest possible heat for a couple minutes while stirring continuously.
- Turn off heat and chow down
Grab you a Jetboil Flash and cook up some Jet Soup and Dumplings!