Grab your favorite Jetboil and cook up this great Thai Curry recipe that we've prepared especially to go with our ultralight backpack camping stoves.
Chef Dan’s Winter Thai Curry Ingredients
- 1 3/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 Tbl. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Dried Mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup Dried Veggies (Carrots, Peas, etc.)
- 1 Tbl. Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbl. Coconut Milk Powder
- 1/2 Tbl. Ginger Powder
- 1 Tbl. Dried Onion
- 1 Tsp. Dried Garlic
- 1 Tsp. Dried Basil
- 1/4 Tsp. Cayenne
- 1/2 Cube Yellow Curry Bouillon
- 1 Tsp. Salt (or Fish Sauce)
- 1/2 Tbl. Lime Juice (or 1/8 Tsp. Citric Acid Powder)
- 2 Tbl. Spiced Nuts (Curried Cashews are a great option)
Chef Dan’s Winter Thai Curry Recipe Instructions
- Add water, dried veggies, and mushrooms to your Jetboil and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and slowly cook until everything is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the balance of the ingredients, except the rice and nuts, into your Jetboil and bring to a boil.
- Just as the mix comes to a boil, lower the heat to a simmer (as low as will keep a flame). Add the rice and cover.
- Stir occasionally, cooking gently for 15 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, add nuts and stir until mixed well, and enjoy your backcountry feast. Bon Appetit!