Courtesy of Katie Jackson-
“My father taught me how to camp before he taught me how to talk or walk! Thanks to my dad I have been hooked on the outdoors since I was a toddler. I married a wonderful man 4 years ago who has the same passion for the outdoors, especially backpacking. We purchased a Jetboil PCS two years ago, which we share. It has made camping, backpacking and day hikes a dream. My other passion in life is cooking. It has been a fun challenge to create recipes using the Jetboil.”
- 2 cups water
- 1 apple
- 2 Tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 graham cracker squares
- For backpacking preparation combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and cinnamon in half size zip-top baggie.
- Using Jetboil cup boil 2 cups water.
- Peel, core and slice apple into ¼ inch slices. Add apple slices to boiling water. Boil for 5 minutes (4 minutes for crunchier texture.)
- Remove apples from water using fork, (no need to drain) and place in bowl. Add sugar mixture to apples and stir to combine.
- Eat apples with graham cracker squares. Yum!